A Consideration assignment for your family
If you’ve been following along with these Monday Mindsets each week, you probably realize by now that the assignments center around two things:
- A clear belief that anything and everything you attempt in terms of spiritual or family growth, must be empowered by the Holy Spirit. So start there. Before you begin the first conversation, begin with a prayer of dependence that the Holy Spirit will empower and enable every idea you have and effort you make.
- The power of significant conversations within your family. Talking about truth together is powerful, for understanding, life change, and healthy relationships. Joining together in discussion of the truth of God is one of the greatest ways to build unity and common understanding in your family.
This week’s discussion questions:
- What does the word “consideration” mean? Can you give me an example of consideration?
- In the fruit of the Spirit list (Galatians 5:22-23), where do you see consideration?
- Even though the actual word isn’t there, do you see the idea?
- What are some reasons that consideration is important in a family?
- How is consideration a reflection of Jesus’ presence in our lives? (see Philippians 2:3-5)
- Pray together that Jesus will express HIS consideration through each of you, to each of you.
I’d love to hear your ideas about how consideration in the family can be fostered with the Spirit’s help.
Below is a fantastic little video I found that doesn’t really use the word “consideration” but does strike right at the heart of where consideration comes from. Use it with your family to discuss the way that consideration/love could benefit your family life if you were to practice it more in the power of the Spirit.